Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Footless socks?


I was knitting away on #2 needles and skinnier-than-I-care-for sock yarn on my Over-the-knee knee-socks over break, when my mom (whom I had told earlier that I wanted to make leg-warmers) walked by and said, "Oh! Are those your leg-warmers?" I looked at her, I looked at the sock, I thought about how my sock feet never turn out the same, and I said, "You know, I think they are." I finished them off with a crocheted ruffle, so although they are tighter than the usual leg-warmer, at least they don't look like unfinished socks (which of course they are). It's a good thing too, as they don't stay up over my knee all that well anyhow! It's amazing how warm they are. I can't believe I used to make fun of leg-warmers! I guess I was subconsciously jealous.

1 comment:

Meredith M said...

I love the little ruffle.