Monday, March 3, 2008

Snapping Turtle Skirt

So I finally finished my first skirt, the snapping turtle skirt from "Knitting Nature." It took some strength to pick up the 240 stitches for the trim, and I altered the waist somewhat because if I had just put in a zipper it wouldn't have stayed up. I also shortened the skirt by one full row of hexagons. The pictures are from before I finished the waist band and trim, and it's currently in the blocking stage. Also, I fixed the block with the missing second color. I thought of adding the color after I knitted that block, and so I had to undo it and re knit. That's one reason to really love this construction: If you notice an error, you only have to undo one hexagon, rather than row after row. Reasons not to love it: 2100 picked up or cast on stitches, and the zillions of ends to weave in. Of course my choice to use a second color made for more ends. I love it and I'm next going to cast on the Trumpet Skirt from "Knitting Lingerie Style." 

1 comment:

LauraRose said...

WOW! I don't see where any color is missing, but maybe it's already fixed in this picture. If you believe it, I was actually wondering about this project completely randomly the other day. Wish I could make it to knitting to see it modeled!